Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ringu: Notto Beri Kuriipii



Rating: ☆☆

Title: Ring

Author: Suzuki Kouji

Genre: Horror

Read: 31st May 2005






Comments: Maybe sometimes the movie is better than the book. Everyone I know who's seen the movie 'Ring' in either version says it's super-scary, but the book just left me cold. It was creepy in places, certainly, and the detective work of the reporter and his friend was very interesting, but it failed to really grip me. Also the fact the secondary character was so reprehensible (the reporter's friend in the novel is a nihilist and an admitted rapist) took away from my enjoyment of the book somewhat. His blasé descriptions of the girls he had assaulted were much creepier than the 'killer video'. So uncharacteristically, in this case I'm going to have to recommend that you skip the book and just rent the movie.

Quote: "Those who have viewed these images are fated to die at this exact hour one week from now, If you do not wish to die, you must follow these instructions, exactly..."


  • Ring
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger kumagoro said...

    Can I borrow that #$%&?

    12:20 AM  
    Blogger Becki said...

    Sure dude as soon as you finish Genghis Khan, it's yours!

    12:39 AM  
    Blogger Fancy L said...

    I brought the sequel back from the US. I'm a Ring fan, regardless of the suckitude.

    1:21 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home